BROWARD COUNTY, FLORIDA
Client Goals / Results:
CPZ Architects provided architectural and interior design services to the Broward County Parks and Recreation Department for the renovation of 2 sets of restrooms at the Nature Center in Fern Forest Nature Park.
- The restrooms where located on the first and second floor of an existing heavy timber framed Nature Center.
- The nature Center is located in the center of one of the oldest wetlands areas in South Florida.
- The Nature Centers hosts many special events, including weddings throughout the year. The County requested that these public restrooms be designed with special events in mind and to bring together, functionality, simple elegance and reflect the natural earthy feel of the park.
- CPZ Architects integrated a full palette of natural stone tiles with fern type mosaics throughout. The varied square and diagonal patterns of tile assured that the space provided the visual interest necessary for the small space.
- The result is a warm and friendly facility that welcomes the guests.