FORT LAUDERDALE, FLORIDA
Client Goals / Results:
Cooley’s Landing is a 30-slip marina nestled in the historic community of Sail Boat Bend. The facility provides fully equipped boat slips for transient boaters while still blending quietly into the historic neighborhood. The project is designed to also serve as a neighbor park.
- Three individual buildings; administration building, restroom building and picnic pavilion.
- Administration building is equipped with additional restrooms, showers, office and laundry room for use by the live aboard boaters.
- The restroom building is available to other users of the facility that are utilizing the boat launching ramps
- Both the marina patrons as well as the local community use the picnic pavilion.
- Regular meetings with the neighbor association during the design and construction phases were held to assure that the interests of the local community where considered.
- Community involvement was paramount to the successful completion of this project.