PORT EVERGLADES, FLORIDA
Client Goals / Results:
As part of a design team for Scharf & Associates Chris P. Zimmerman work on a design team to make an addition to the convention center. The expansion was designed and built on a fast track so as not to impact the existing functions. This fast track allowed the owner to have the least amount of time without incoming revenue.
- A 50,000-sq. ft. exhibit hall addition, small meeting rooms and a 4-bay loading dock were added to the first floor
- Provided additional meeting rooms, storage and mechanical rooms to the second floor
- The third floor now contains a 33,000 square foot ballroom with movable partitions allowing for six smaller spaces
- Full service commercial kitchen to service third floor ballrooms
- The old convention center and the new addition were made to look the same as to not distinguish the old and new